PDA

View Full Version : language changes with zone change

Hotepdagremlin
11-10-2003, 07:23 PM
Ok I am curious if anyone else had had this problem. I have recently updated Showeq going from the info on the forums (great info by the way) and I now have a running version. I have noticed since, that when I zone the language my character speaks changes from common too a random tongue that has learned. For example I could go from Common too Kobold when I zone then Kobold too Froglok. It happens randomly and it happens only when I have Showeq running. Has anyone else had this happen and does anyone think it could be something from Showeq sending data back that is changing my client settings?

Just curious....possible way too track the masses of Showeq users put into effect by the powers that be :confused:

anyway thats the question now discuss :)

Cryonic
11-10-2003, 07:53 PM
well, since SEQ doesn't transmit at all, kinda hard to be related.

datadog
11-10-2003, 08:23 PM
This happens to me when I encounter a EQ client bug that causes my default UI to load. For whatever reason a random language is selected in my default chat window.

Exiting EQ back to character select and re-entering the world fixes it.

There is absolutly NO way SEQ is having any affect whatsoever on your EQ client.

There is just no way...

Freakyuno
11-10-2003, 08:40 PM
Actually,

If you manage to charge your flux capacitor to 2.2 gigawats, you might manage to push enough power through your SEQ datastream to change the Everquest language settings, but with that low amount of power, I wouldnt expect much else to change.

Cryonic
11-10-2003, 08:57 PM
heh, my SEQ only needs 1.21 Gigawatts to screw with my EQ session. I have a nice Mr. Fusion attached to the machine so I don't have to keep raiding Oak Ridge for my fuel.

Hotepdagremlin
11-11-2003, 07:47 PM
thanks for the info, now go pick on someone your own size:D

ksmith
11-19-2003, 09:31 AM
You'll find that the /lang command doesn't work the same way picking a language from the chatwindow menu does.

That said, this isn't a ShowEQ problem.