PDA

View Full Version : Show rare spawns in a column

xerxes
11-03-2021, 11:00 AM
Is there a way to show the rare spawns in a zone, via another column or other means?

I'm talking about the /consider message that shows a NPC is a rare.

Thanks!

xerxes
10-16-2024, 08:53 AM
I think this probably should have been in the development forum. There's something in the packet that indicates an NPC as a rare. We should be able to show that in the spawnlist, without any spawnfilters.

BlueAdept
10-16-2024, 09:46 AM
xerxes, as far as I know the only thing that denotes them as special is the # unless something has changed. I don't know if anything has changed over the last several years though. I don't remember the /con showing things as rare.

The filters are what we use to denote rares by name, level, or partial match. The filters can bold the name, put a circle around the spawn, draw a line to it and other stuff.

BlueAdept
10-16-2024, 09:59 AM
Reading up on it, it is part of the hunter achievement. Unfortunately I have been away from the game too long to actually know what it actually means. I saw that not all rare mobs are conned rare though. It is only certain ones.

It probably is in the mob struct, which is a lot of unknowns. I would need a lot of captures of rares and non rares to determine what in the unknowns it is.

xerxes
10-16-2024, 10:35 AM
Yeah the filters aren't perfect and for zones that don't have filters, it would be nice for it to showcase what is already being exposed to the client. Most NPCs that are rare do show up as "rare" in the consider text:

The ghoul lord - a rare creature - scowls at you, ready to attack