PDA

View Full Version : Should latest version work with 21-Aug patch?

Oldtime_EQ
08-21-2024, 10:15 PM
For whatever reason (likely patch) my SEQ stopped working. Must be the opcode 'thing' that people talk about?

If so, should the latest version on SVN resolve the issue, or do I need to do something manually?

Tried re-downloading the latest SVN and make/install, but doesnt seem to make a difference.

Would be great to get some advice.

Thanks!

Oldtime_EQ
08-22-2024, 12:04 AM
Deleted my showeq binary from /usr/local/bin/ and then re-ran the entire install configure make process and seems to work.

Is there a shortcut to this?

Below are the steps I was running to update to the latest version, am I missing some sort of 'cleanup' action somewhere? Let me know!

#Download
svn co https://svn.code.sf.net/p/seq/svn/showeq/trunk showeq

#Compile
cd ./showeq

sudo make -f Makefile.dist build./configure && make && make install

sudo chown -R <username>:<username> /usr/local/share/showeq

# Run SEQ
cd /usr/local/bin
sudo ./showeq -i ens33

cn187
08-22-2024, 12:30 AM
For whatever reason (likely patch) my SEQ stopped working. Must be the opcode 'thing' that people talk about?

If so, should the latest version on SVN resolve the issue, or do I need to do something manually?

Tried re-downloading the latest SVN and make/install, but doesnt seem to make a difference.

Would be great to get some advice.

Yes, on patch day, they change the opcodes and some of the data structures, so we have to update SEQ for it to continue working. When that happens, you'll need to download and compile the new version to keep using it.

Deleted my showeq binary from /usr/local/bin/ and then re-ran the entire install configure make process and seems to work.

Is there a shortcut to this?

Below are the steps I was running to update to the latest version, am I missing some sort of 'cleanup' action somewhere? Let me know!

No, no shortcut, really. That's the build process. (you're missing an && between "build" and "./configure" but I assume that's just a typo).
Though, it shouldn't be necessary to delete the binary- you're doing make install as root, so it should overwrite the binary if it's there.

If you use the tarball instead of svn, you can skip the "make -f Makefile.dist build" step, but you'll still need to run configure, make, and make install.

Basically just follow the instructions in the announcement post for whichever method (tarball or svn) you're using, and you should be good to go.

Oldtime_EQ
08-22-2024, 09:17 PM
Actually I think the typo is why it wasnt working! It's always the simple things which get you... :rolleyes: