Thread: Multiable toons on one pc

Question Multiable toons on one pc

I play on a tlp server that is no longer Truebox, and i've not run The wonderful linux version of Showeq for many years, so Now i run 3 toons on one pc with Isboxer,
    How would i control what Character the showeq program latches onto? in the Wineq version you had a menu to pick, if there is such a thing i'm missing it on Showeq,
    I have been lucky to log out all boxes and relog in the one i want first but my main driver often takes a long time to load, and zone due to him having the biggest server side file of quests and achievements etc
    any help would be great

Mr Fizzlemaster
    You have gotten bettter at sniffing packets! (255)

Administrator

Re: Multiable toons on one pc

Unfortunately, there's no character select at this time. I have some enhancements planned for making SEQ more multi-box friendly, but due to complexity and dependencies, I don't expect they will be ready until the 7.0 release (or maybe after).

In the mean time, with the caveat that I haven't multi-boxed in years so this is going off of how I think it should work - if you want to keep ShowEQ monitoring the same character, then you have 2 options (assuming you have session tracking enabled - without it, all bets are off):

1) Always start zoning that character first. Zoning doesn't have to be complete before you start zoning the other characters, but it needs to be far enough along on the first character that SEQ has latched onto the first session. You can tell from the console messages, or when the UI detects the new zone and starts populating stuff. But once you're past that point, you should be able to zone the other characters without affecting the first.

2) Zone all of the non-tracked characters first. Wait until they zone completely, then zone the main. This should also work.

It doesn't solve it, but #1 means you should be able to zone the others without waiting for the first (long load) zone to fully complete.

thank you for the info, it is manageable now. i will be looking forward to this update when it happens.

mr fizzlemaster
    You have gotten bettter at sniffing packets! (255)

How I do it is that I zone the character I want to follow first. It seems to grab the character that zones first most of the time even with session tracking.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Thread Information