Thread: Unable to build showeq-6.4.0

Question Unable to build showeq-6.4.0

I have been running showeq-6.3.16 until now and was trying to install version 6.4.0.
    I checked out the svn version and ran

make -f Makefile.dist build
    ./configure

Without any problems.
    When I run make I get these errors:

Code:
    mv -f .deps/netdiag.Tpo .deps/netdiag.Po
    g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/Qt -I/usr/include/Qt3Support -I/usr/include/QtCore -I/usr/include/QtDBus -I/usr/include/QtDeclarative -I/usr/include/QtDesigner -I/usr/include/QtGui -I/usr/include/QtHelp -I/usr/include/QtMultimedia -I/usr/include/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/QtScript -I/usr/include/QtScriptTools -I/usr/include/QtSql -I/usr/include/QtSvg -I/usr/include/QtTest -I/usr/include/QtUiTools -I/usr/include/QtXml -I/usr/include/QtXmlPatterns -I. -DPKGDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq/\" -I/usr/include/pcap     -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions    -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\"  -std=c++11 -fPIC -DQT_NO_VERSION_TAGGING -MT netstream.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/netstream.Tpo -c -o netstream.o netstream.cpp
    mv -f .deps/netstream.Tpo .deps/netstream.Po
    g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/Qt -I/usr/include/Qt3Support -I/usr/include/QtCore -I/usr/include/QtDBus -I/usr/include/QtDeclarative -I/usr/include/QtDesigner -I/usr/include/QtGui -I/usr/include/QtHelp -I/usr/include/QtMultimedia -I/usr/include/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/QtScript -I/usr/include/QtScriptTools -I/usr/include/QtSql -I/usr/include/QtSvg -I/usr/include/QtTest -I/usr/include/QtUiTools -I/usr/include/QtXml -I/usr/include/QtXmlPatterns -I. -DPKGDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq/\" -I/usr/include/pcap     -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions    -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\"  -std=c++11 -fPIC -DQT_NO_VERSION_TAGGING -MT packetcapture.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/packetcapture.Tpo -c -o packetcapture.o packetcapture.cpp
    mv -f .deps/packetcapture.Tpo .deps/packetcapture.Po
    g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/Qt -I/usr/include/Qt3Support -I/usr/include/QtCore -I/usr/include/QtDBus -I/usr/include/QtDeclarative -I/usr/include/QtDesigner -I/usr/include/QtGui -I/usr/include/QtHelp -I/usr/include/QtMultimedia -I/usr/include/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/QtScript -I/usr/include/QtScriptTools -I/usr/include/QtSql -I/usr/include/QtSvg -I/usr/include/QtTest -I/usr/include/QtUiTools -I/usr/include/QtXml -I/usr/include/QtXmlPatterns -I. -DPKGDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq/\" -I/usr/include/pcap     -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions    -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\"  -std=c++11 -fPIC -DQT_NO_VERSION_TAGGING -MT packetcaptureprovider.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/packetcaptureprovider.Tpo -c -o packetcaptureprovider.o packetcaptureprovider.cpp
    packetcaptureprovider.cpp: In constructor ‘PacketCaptureProviderThread::PacketCaptureProviderThread()’:
    packetcaptureprovider.cpp:31:5: error: ‘pthread_mutex_init’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘pthread_mutex_t’?
       31 |     pthread_mutex_init(&m_pcache_mutex, NULL);
          |     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          |     pthread_mutex_t
    packetcaptureprovider.cpp: In destructor ‘virtual PacketCaptureProviderThread::~PacketCaptureProviderThread()’:
    packetcaptureprovider.cpp:37:5: error: ‘pthread_mutex_lock’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘pthread_mutex_t’?
       37 |     pthread_mutex_lock (&m_pcache_mutex);
          |     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          |     pthread_mutex_t
    packetcaptureprovider.cpp:54:5: error: ‘pthread_mutex_unlock’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘pthread_mutex_t’?
       54 |     pthread_mutex_unlock (&m_pcache_mutex);
          |     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          |     pthread_mutex_t
    packetcaptureprovider.cpp:56:5: error: ‘pthread_mutex_destroy’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘pthread_mutexattr_t’?
       56 |     pthread_mutex_destroy(&m_pcache_mutex);
          |     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          |     pthread_mutexattr_t
    packetcaptureprovider.cpp: In member function ‘virtual uint16_t PacketCaptureProviderThread::getPacket(unsigned char*)’:
    packetcaptureprovider.cpp:65:5: error: ‘pthread_mutex_lock’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘pthread_mutex_t’?
       65 |     pthread_mutex_lock (&m_pcache_mutex);
          |     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          |     pthread_mutex_t
    packetcaptureprovider.cpp:79:5: error: ‘pthread_mutex_unlock’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘pthread_mutex_t’?
       79 |     pthread_mutex_unlock (&m_pcache_mutex);
          |     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          |     pthread_mutex_t
    make[2]: *** [Makefile:911: packetcaptureprovider.o] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory '/seq/showeq-6.4.0/src'
    make[1]: *** [Makefile:454: all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/seq/showeq-6.4.0'
    make: *** [Makefile:386: all] Error 2
    Do I need to update some libraries to make this build?

I am running on Fedora Linux 36 (Workstation Edition)

Administrator

Re: Unable to build showeq-6.4.0

Hmm... I think I see the problem. Though it's odd that it's working for so many others... so something on Fedora may just be more strict (or at least, doing things in a different order).

Please try this patch (apply with "patch -p1 < /path/to/pthread_include_fix.txt" from the root of the source tree) and report back as to whether or not it fixes it. I think it should.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Administrator

Actually I was able to test this with a Fedora 36 docker container. Apparently it only affects qt4, not qt5. But the patch appears to fix it so I went ahead and committed it to trunk.

You can just run svn update, make -f Makefile.dist build, etc. and you should be good to go.

Using svn update gave me the same err, so tried deleting my folder and do a fresh svn checkout, but with same error.
    However, patching with the pthread_include_fix.txt made the build work.

Thanks a lot for a quick response!

Thread Information